Sunday, March 30, 2008

Don't puff yourself up before bowling...


So, tonight I'm feeling a little better and decide that I have to get off of the couch, and get out of the house. I shower up, and meet my sister and her husband at a little tea shop down the street for lunch but alas, it was packed, no tables available. I was completely disappointed because I love having tea and sandwiches and visiting. Elizabeth's Bakery and Tea Shop, very quaint and fun. Another fabulous tea house is in Boulder, CO called Dushanbe Tea House. They serve a traditional English afternoon tea, complete with scones, cucumber sandwiches, lemon curd, and they have the best selection of teas I've been able to find, anywhere. Anyway, I digress. Because Elizabeth's was full, we had to get our food to go and take it home to eat it. Soooo not the same. The food was good but would have been much better with a pot of tea. So I made something better... coffee.

Overall, a better day because it wasn't spent on the couch. I decided to go bowling with the family and was pretty excited. I normally bowl pretty well. I've bowled over 200 once. Normally, somewhere between 150 and 175. Not so tonight. And of course my sister told everyone we were with about my normal numbers. I believe I was still at 30 in the 6th frame. Ummm...the ball was too heavy, the holes too small, my fingernails were too long, the floor was too slippery. And in my defense, I am still sick. I ended up with one spare, and a 77 in the last frame. OUCH! And because we only bowled one game, no chance of redeeming myself.

My niece has taken to saying No. No, no. every time she looks at me. It's kind of funny but at the same time, if I'm honest with myself, it kind of hurts my feelings. And she's only 15 months old. How could she blatantly throw my affection back in my face and then go to another aunt in a heartbeat. I was there when she was sliding out for goodness sake! Well, when she grows up a little more I'm sure she'll realize that I am her favorite aunt.

I really have bowled over 200. But I did have a few drinks in me...

No comments: